of a village namely Warawati, Taluka Ambejogai Beed District ,in
Maharashtra, Shri Phadcame to Pune in 1982 at avery young age
of18 years with the determination to learn and master the classical
Hindustani vocal music ,and became a singer of Maihfils.
for him ,he met the late Pandit Sadashivbua Jadhav of the Kirana
Gharana who had recieved his training in the Classical vocal music
from the late Mrs.Bhanubai ,wife of Kirana Gharana Maestro, Khansaheb
Abdul Karimkhan Saheb and who herself has a renowed classical
singer of the Kirana Gharana .Pt Sadashivbua Jadhav acepted Shri
Phad as his disciple who with devotion and total dedication grasped
the teaching of the guru for over eight years and then acquired
profiency in the Gyaaki which is explicit in abundance in the
singing of shri .Phad
presentation of the various Raags is melodeous and at the same
time is with forceful Aalaapees .The Teams in this singing are
coupled with Gamaks ,all these specialities of the kirana gyaki
After the demise of his first guru Pt Sadashivbua Jadhav,shri.
Chad, has been continuing his learning under the world-renowened
and unparalleled vocalist of the Kirana Gharana, Pandit Bhimsenji
Joshi for the passover 5/6 years, and is today one of the very
few whose Gaayaki, Widely has im impact of the Maestro's style
Khayal & Thumris, Shri. Phad has composed several devotional
songs and bas been presenting public programmes tlnereof, throughout
Maharashtra. He has performed many a classical vocal music programmes
within and outside Maharashtra and is regarded as one of the few
leading young exponents of the Kirana Style.
is founder Director of the "Sangeetonmesh",an institution
,which besides imparting training in vocal classical singing,
also presents awards to the child, young and the aged artists
but who were not fortunate to receive attention and recognition
in their haytime.
Several of the child and young artists thus selected for awards
by the ''Sangeetlmmesh'' are today, amongst the leading artists
in the State and the co
untry.Shri. Phad is a High grade Artist of the All India Radio,
Sangeet Alankar of the 1st Grade and has been recipient of Ist/2nd
Awards in several competitions at the State level.
Some of the noteworthy
achievements are as follows :
1) P resented a programme before the then P resident of india,
Dr. Shankar Dayal dharma, ten 7th Dec. 1995.
2) Participated in the Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Mahotsava, Kundgol
(Karnataka) and Pune.
3) At the N.C.P .A. Bombay
4) At the Seventh Centenary celebration of the ''Dynyaneshwari'',
5) At the birth centenary celebration of the great Saint BhagwanBaba
at Bhagwangad and at Aurangabad
6) At Marathwada Sahgeet Academy celebration, Latur
7) At the death anniversary Music-concerts of the late Ustad Abdul
Karimkhan Saheb, Miraj
8) Discourses with practicals on the ''Music and Adhyatma''
at the Maharashtra goat's Yashwantrat) Clnavim Institute of Development,
9) Award of the ''Sur-mani'' title by the Sur-singaar Bombay
10) Selecting for Scholarship by the Human Resources Development
Ministry of the Central Govt. at the national level competition.
11) Presented several prllgraxmrtes at the Aakashwani and Doordarshan.
12) Accompanied Pandit Bhimsen Josshi at the Aakashwani National
programme and severel other concerts.
13) Haridas Sangit Sammelan , Mumbai.
14) Sursagar Sangit Mahotsav, Pune.
15) Sangit Natak Acadamy, Delhi , Bruhatdeshiya Sangit Sammelan.